Over the last 6 weeks, Bandelli & Associates have outlined the ten key leadership competencies that every leader needs. These are universal and indisputable for effective leadership at any level. It doesn’t matter if you’re a first-level line manager or a Fortune 50 CEO. Highlights of the ten leadership competencies are as follows:
- Vision – Charting the course. Vision is about developing your desired end state, and the path that will be needed to get you there.
- Passion – Is all about the fire in the belly. Passion is the energy, enthusiasm, and excitement that you bring to your leadership daily.
- Commitment – Remaining steadfast in the pursuit of your dreams. Commitment is about remaining faithful to the vision you have set for yourself and others.
- Vigilance – Demonstrating discipline and accountability. Vigilance is about executing the vision and holding yourself accountable to delivering results.
- Consistency – Focuses on principles, ethics, and integrity. It is about walking the talk, and not changing your leadership style to meet short-term demands.
- Endurance – Running the marathon set before you. It is about doing all that a leader can do to drive their vision, and not getting distracted by irrelevant tasks or responsibilities.
- Compassion – Our ability to impact others. It is about taking time to get to know your people, and truly understanding their strengths and development opportunities. It is about emotional intelligence and empathy.
- Inspiration – Ability to influence others and create impact. Inspiration is about giving people something to believe in. It is about having a rallying cry. It is about modeling a positive and passion filled attitude for others to follow.
- Focus – Concerns refining goals and objectives along the way. Focus is about trying different things and not being afraid to innovate when needed. It is about tracking progress against our vision and strategy.
- Wisdom – Understanding the connectedness of life. It is about knowing how today’s decisions will impact tomorrow. It is about discernment and intentionally surrounding yourself with people of wisdom.
Leadership matters. Without it, people fail. Make sure to put these ten leadership competencies into practice and you will see your leadership skills scale to new heights.
And, coming this Fall 2016, Bandelli & Associates is proud to announce Dr. Adam C. Bandelli’s book, “What Every Leader Needs.”
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to pre-order your very own copy today!